One Safe Place for hope and empowerment tells the story of the European Family Justice Centers (FJCs). The authors, real experts in their field, share their knowledge of and experience with the organization of a multidisciplinary approach of domestic violence, child abuse and sexual abuse. The reader gets an inside view in the development of the FJCs and a lot of practical tips and tricks concerning the construction of an FJC, supported by personal testimonies of both survivors and stakeholders. One Safe Place is a colorful and fascinating book that will give inspiration to everyone who is working with survivors of domestic violence. Let it take you on a journey and make you dream of one safe place!
This book is about ...
- getting to know the Family Justice Center model, its guiding principles and the experiences of the current European FJCs;
- urvivors being at the heart of the multidisciplinary approach of domestic violence, child abuse and sexual violence;
- inspiring professionals with the vision, good practices and results of the FJC movement;
- providing insight into how to build and sustain a Family Justice Center;
- inciting European professionals to start their own Family Justice Center.
- telling about the work of the European Family Justice Centers;
- giving a voice to survivors;
- sharing the experiences of stakeholders;
- giving advice on do’s and don’ts;
- drawing attention to specific topics of interest in the multidisciplinary approach of domestic violence, child abuse and sexual violence;
- introducing relevant methods and tools.
Pascale Franck, Bert Groen